Hello hello, I know, long time no blog. Lucky we have facebook, twitter and real life or you’d all think I was dead right?
Often at the start of the year, I like to write about what my new years resolutions for the previous year should have been (though scrolling back I see I haven’t really done this properly since 2007, busy past few years? According to my blog, kinda. LOL).
So 2010 my new years resolutions with the benefit of hindsight were…
1. Visit two previously unvisited countries (Thailand and Singapore)
2. Play some music overseas (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia baby)
3. Get bitten by a snake
4. Learn to swear in another language.
5. Read more than 100 books (Classics mostly, old stuff out of copyright that are free as e-books)
6. RIDE AN ELEPHANT! (lifelong dream!!!)
7. Learn to like beer (this was a New Years Resolution I really truly made at the start of the year and not just made up at the end. There is a story behind it but it’s one that is probably more interesting if I don’t tell it at all.)
8. Discover the joys of hanging out at a mamak at 3am with good friends. Many of my dearest memories of Malaysia seem to involve this
9. Get the worlds most awesome job ever on returning to New Zealand! I’m dead serious, I really like my new job working for recording studio and event production company The Rock Factory
10. Don’t fall apart when everything around me falls apart. I don’t know if I kept this all year long but in the end when push came to shove I’ve managed to swim rather than sink. So far.
So what does 2011 hold? Lets hazard a guess, though really I’m usually so wrong with these.
1. Finish building the GUITAR OF DOOM I really really want to do this! (yes it’s really not finished after all these years, most of you probably don’t even know what I’m talking about…)
2. Play some mean shows (I’m already hearing rumours I’ve put a new band together for Transit of Venus and that the first NZ gig is booked in March…?)
3. Finish an acoustic album/EP.
4. Overcome my dentistry phobia and get my damn wisdom teeth out.
5. Try to be less awful with money.
There ya go. Hope to catch you at a show this year my darlings! xx <3 K